Bu yazının Türkçeleştirmesi devam etmektedir
The following article which describes how to setup Windows Live Hotmail account on your Mac’s Microsoft Entourage e-mail client app, was taken from a web page on Microsoft’s web site. The method described can also be applied to Apple‘s Mail.app to use Hotmail from within Mail on Mac OS X (tested only on Leopard at the date of this writing). Alternatively you can download and run a small utility app called Mail Setup which is claimed to run on both PPC and Intel Macs – this program can setup most e-mail accounts for you including but not limited to MSN Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL / AIM Mail, Gmail, etc.
Windows Live Hotmail accounts, including free accounts, can now be set up in Entourage as POPA common type of Internet-based mail account. Examples are Windows Live Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail. After you add a POP account to Entourage, messages from the account appear in the folder list under On My Computer.
All Windows Live Hotmail accounts must be set up in Entourage as POPA common type of Internet-based mail account. Examples are Windows Live Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail. After you add a POP account to Entourage, messages from the account appear in the folder list under On My Computer. To set up an account, follow all the instructions in the following sections (you cannot use the Entourage Account Setup Assistant for Hotmail setup).
Step 1: Add the account
In a Web browser such as Safari, sign in to your Windows Live Hotmail account. After you sign in successfully, you can sign out.
- In Entourage, on the Entourage menu, click Account Settings.
- Click the arrow next to New Account (icon with the plus sign on an address book card picture), and then click Mail.
- If you see the Account Setup Assistant, click Configure Account Manually.
- In the Account type pop-up menu, click POP, and then click OK.
- On the Account Settings tab, in the Account name box, type the name that you want to use to refer to this account in Entourage.
- Under Personal Information, type the name and the e-mail address that you want to use.
- The name that you type appears in the “From” field of mail messages that you send from the account.
- Under Receiving mail, in the Account ID and Password boxes, enter your e-mail address and password.
- In the POP server box, enter pop3.live.com
- If you do not see the POP server box, click Cancel, and then go back to step 3.
- Click Click here for advanced receiving options, and then select the This POP service requires a secure connection (SSL) check box.
The completed Receiving mail settings should look like this:
- Under Sending mail, in the SMTP server box, enter smtp.live.com
- Click Click here for advanced sending options, and then select the SMTP service requires secure connection (SSL) check box. Also select the options for SMTP server requires authentication and Use same settings as receiving mail server.
The completed Sending mail settings should look like this:
- Under Account name, clear the Include this account in my “Send & Receive All” schedule check box.
- Click the Options tab, and then under Server options, select the Leave a copy of each message on the server check box. Also select the Delete messages from the server after they are deleted from this computer check box.
- After you click OK, The Windows Live Hotmail account should appear in the Accounts window.
Step 2: Create a schedule to send and receive messages
A Windows Live Hotmail account should not be set up to send and receive messages more frequently than every 20 minutes. Otherwise, duplicate copies of messages might appear.
- On the Tools menu, click Schedules, and then click New (big plus sign).
- In the Name box, enter a name for the schedule, such as Hotmail Send and Receive.
- Under When, click the Manually pop-up menu, and then click Repeating Schedule.
- In the Every box, enter a value of 20 or larger.
- Under Action, on the pop-up menu on the left, click Receive Mail, and then in the from pop-up menu, click your Windows Live Hotmail account.
- Click Add Action.
- In the new row, click the Receive Mail pop-up menu, and then click Send All.
- Click OK, and the schedule that you created should appear in the Schedules dialog box.
Step 3: Use your account in Entourage and on the Web
Messages from your Windows Live Hotmail Inbox folder will appear in Entourage in the folder list in the pane of the Entourage window that contains folders for messages, contacts, and other items. If the folder list is not visible, on the View menu, click Show Folder List. If you are working in Calendar view, Show Folder List is available on from the Calendar menu. under On My Computer.
Messages in folders other than the Inbox will be available only on the Windows Live Hotmail Web site.
Entourage will not receive messages from your Windows Live Hotmail Junk folder. It’s recommended that you sign in to your Windows Live Hotmail account in a Web browser periodically (at least once a month) to see whether any important messages were directed to the Junk folder.